Our adoption procedure is as follows:
- Check out the cats and kittens who are up for adoption on our website.
- On the profile page of the cat or kitten you are keen to adopt, either submit the Adoption Form on the page or contact their rehomer via the contact number provided in the cat’s description. Please ensure that you and your family are ready to commit to adopting a cat or kitten before submitting the form. Cats can live up to 16-20 years.
- If you have submitted the Adoption Form, wait for the cat or kitten’s rehomer to contact you to arrange for you to meet them. You may expect to be contacted within a few days.
- After meeting the cat or kitten, confirm your decision to adopt.
- Begin cat-proofing and meshing of your home to prepare for your new companion.
- Once cat-proofing/meshing is done, the rehomer will do a home visit before or on the day of adoption. This home visit is to ensure that the your cat-proofing/meshing is safe for the cat or kitten and your family is ready to adopt. The rehomer can also advise on possible hazardous areas for your cat. This is especially useful for first time cat owners.
- Once your home is deemed ready, the cat or kitten will be released to you. An adoption agreement (courtesy of Cat Welfare Society) is to be signed. Adoption fees to cover part of the cat’s basic vet expenses will be collected (if applicable).