To list cats for adoption on our site, CWS guidelines must be adhered to. This includes screening of adopters using an adoption questionnaire and ensuring the following adoption criteria are met:
- The cat must be kept strictly indoors. If the window and gate grilles are large enough for the cat to pass through, they must be meshed.
- The cat must be sterilised before handover to the adopter. If you are adopting out a kitten, follow up closely with the adopter to ensure the cat is sterilised at 6 months old.
- Ensure the adopter is aware that they are to provide good quality food and take the cat for regular vet visits.
- Ensure that the adopter is aware that a pet cat is a lifetime commitment.
- Do a house visit, to ensure the entire family is aware and agreeable to the adoption, and sign an adoption contract so both you and the adopter are aware of your continuing obligations.
Here is a Sample Adoption Contract.